joi, 1 aprilie 2010

The Best Books on Italy

This is the second in my series of articles on the best books about Italy. In my first I mentioned that after having lived in Italy for ten years many people ask me for advice on good books on Italy. Books that will really give you the feeling of what life is really like in Italy.Most people ask me about books that generally fall into one of three categories:1) Good travel guides for an upcoming vacation to Italy.2) Books that share the authentic recipes, cuisine and culinary traditions of Italy.3) The best travelogues, books in which you feel that you are right there in Italy.The book I feature in this month's article falls into all three of the categories above and lot's more besides:Autumn in Piemonte: Food and Travels in Italy's NorthwestPerhaps the most beautiful book on the Piedmont, one of Italy's most beautiful yet little known regions. The author, Manuela Darling-Gansser, is both poet and chef, brilliantly evoking atmosphere and sharing Piedmont's great recipes, peoples, places and food. Wonderful photos help make this the perfect coffee table book. I cannot emphasis just how wonderful this book is. I still spend hours poring over it and I can assure you this book will take you on an authentic and beautiful journey through this magical land.Next month I will feature an exceptional book exploring Italy's great culinary traditions with a tour through the country's greatest gourmet region.For more on Autumn in Piemonte and for my other top picks visit: seuss book collection sets cat hat

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu