joi, 1 aprilie 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book Review

It's the FINAL BOOK, folks! After ten years, we finally come to the grand extravaganza that is The Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling and boy! was it a ride and then some. Harry is now set to hunt for the Horcruxes and goes with his best friends Ron and Hermione. However, the sudden knowledge of something called 'The Deathly Hallows' causes our hero to re-think Dumbledore's plans on defeating Voldermort. But hold on! What's this about Dumbledore not being all that he's claimed to be? There's a new book out that purports our favorite headmaster as a man with a lot of secrets. Not only that, Professor Snape has even more of a back-story that's bound to shock the reader. In the end, the great battle is fought, all our favorite characters make their return - lives are lost, new ones begin and by the time you're through, you feel you've been there with these characters from the beginning!I especially liked Harry's development in this book. He's definitely matured (even though there are moments of childish whims) but one can see that he has made an effort to become a better young man. I also liked his relationships with Ron and Hermione and a few other characters in the book. My absolute favorites were the final battle scenes. J.K Rowling did a wonderful job!I didn't like the sudden deaths of Lupin, Tonks and Fred (well his death was expected but it came as a shock to me all the same). I also didn't like the character development of Ginny Weasley. Her characterization and mannerisms were quite unlike the Ginny we've come to know and seemed quite out of place. Also, the epilogue, I could have done without. I did not see the need for it, and even if J.K Rowling had to use it, I'm sure she could have written it in a much better way. It was quite confusing and made no sense to me as the sudden appearances of new characters created a chaotic finale.However, I recommend this book because it is a finale that was just about done right...there are a few questions that were still left, but J.K Rowling has promised an encyclopedia of sorts to answer them. That I have to pick up once it comes out.Last but not least, with all the hoopla made about this, all things considered it was a good book and a good way to end things for Harry and his friends. I would have liked to see a few things changed around, but that's just me. Definitely a must read for all Potter fans who have grown up with him over the years! seuss book collection sets cat hat

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu